Monday, May 6, 2013

A New Chemo

I'm sure you all are wondering what kind of chemo I am  taking this time  and what are the side effects . My friends , anything is better than what I had before this . . . .anything !

I don't think the name makes any difference . I can tell you that it has every letter of the alphabet in it . There are people who know every name of every medication they ever were  on , but I am not one of them . I have all the information at hand if I need it , but it means nothing to me .

The meds , the dosage , the symptoms change everytime , but the outcome stays the same . No , the name doesn't matter . What does matter is how I handle it on the inside .

I have found that my demeanor during every treatment changed . Acceptance settled in . If I go into remission again . . . it means nothing . When I go back into treatment again . . . . it means nothing . I don't think I'll be making any announcements to anyone . It just is . I'll just go on as always .

Back to my chemo.........

So my chemo is actually twofold . I get an infusion every three weeks and at home , I also have to take a pill everyday for 21 days  . Then back to square one . Three treatments . The side effects are classic chemotherapy symptoms . I went from extreme to just downright boring and I love it .

I am happy to report that my rashes / sores are almost gone . My showers are getting warmer , but I find I'm still afraid of the " hot "
and they're still only lasting two minutes . I can't wait for the bubblebath that is coming . For now .....

Have a Blessed day everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...