Thursday, May 16, 2013

An Old Entry

Here is an old entry in a journal that I found from 2010 . Whenever I re-read an old story , I always try to picture where  it took place and how I felt at that time . Hope you enjoy it .

Sept. 4 , 2010
Saturday
I'm on my way to Dallas , Texas and I started re-reading " 90 Minutes In Heaven ". This book was and still is my lifeline when trying to deal with cancer . Here it is 2 1/2 years after my last chemo and I still need this book .

Everyone I meet , all want to know more about my cancer . The two most asked questions are :
1. How do you feel about dying ?
and
2. How can you stay so happy knowing you have cancer ?
I guess , I'm supposed to be crying and depressed . Cancer has changed my life and in many ways it's the best thing that could have happened to me . Ponder that for a minute .

It was Joey that asked me if there were any words of wisdom , anything special that I wanted him to know . At that time , I couldn't think of anything , my mind going blank . Don't even know what it is I said to him , but I couldn't stop thinking about it .

I have a desire to write about my experience  for others to read about, especially my children  and their children . Memories are the best thing I could leave behind . After I'm gone , let these journals be a comfort to them , right along with the memories we make .

There are so many people that have prayed for me that I never even met . I never felt so much love by so many people , but most of by God . I guess that is what cancer has done for me  . . . . . I feel love .

After reading this , two things stuck out . One , that it actually ended up being 4 1/2 years before that cancer came back . Oh , how I wish it was that long again .  Two , that I still feel that love .
Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...