Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Walk For Two

Emily and I have been walking in the neighborhood . Today , I actually enjoyed myself   since the weather was beautiful . As we walked , taking in the beautiful display of vibrant color in  all the flowers , the following came to mind . Even now , if I close my eyes , I can still smell the lilacs , honeysuckle and jasmine in the air . I love summer .


I remember , I remember
the house where I was born
the little window where the sun
came peeping in at morn
he never came a wink too soon
nor brought too long a day
but now , I often wish the night
had borne my breath away

I remember , I remember
the roses , red and white
the violets and the lily cups
those flowers made of light
the lilacs where the robin built
and where my brother set
the laburmum on his birthday
the tree is living yet

I remember , I remember
where I was used to swing
and thought the air must rush as fresh
to swallow on the wing
my spirit flew in feathers then
that is so heavy now
the summer pools could hardly cool
the fever on my brow

I remember , I remember
the fir trees dark and high
I used to think their slender tops
were close against the sky
It was a childish ignorance
but now 'tis little joy
to know I'm farther off from heaven
than when I was a little girl .

by: Thomas Hood

I hope all of you can take a loved one  for a walk to enjoy the beautiful scenery our Lord has Created . Have a Blessed day and take the time to smell the roses .

1 comment:

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...