Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Back In The Saddle

May has certainly come roaring in like a lion , not only with the beautiful weather , but also with the return of the routine in my life . My body has almost healed from the previous chemo and the mobility  feels great . Can't wait to take that hot bubblebath .

My apartment building has been buzzing with activity from painting the hallways to painting the trim outside . Workmen have become a regular sight  as has all the extra noise . Plenty of letters from managemnet have been pushed under our doors filled with appointments for one thing or another . I have endured all of it with a few grumbling remarks under my breath . . . . but I'm done , folks .

Emily and I have started walking daily around our neighborhood . In the beginning , it was a pleasure on a Sunday afternoon to take a stroll and view everyone's yard and flowers . . .  A leisurely stroll . Now , it has turned into  that dreaded , awful word called EXERCISE .

I swear , my Emily should join the military , because she would certainly make a great drill sargent . Whether I feel like it or not , we are going for that daily walk . . . . now . We are going to exercise and get healthy .

Eversince she has become baptized , she has been correcting me in all my heathen ways . I have the thirteenth apostle living with me and if I hear Mother !  again you might be seeing me on the news . All joking aside , I love seeing the Holy Spirit living within her .

I have also started my diet of no pasta , potatoes , rice or bread . At first , I was hungry . I wanted  all the things on my NO diet . I'm slowly adjusting  and pushing myself to stick with it .

Yes , May has certainly come roaring in like a lion ! My brain is bursting with fresh ideas and I can't wait to get started . It's funny , how happy I am . Shouldn't I be feeling depressed since my life is uncertain right now ? Who knows if this chemo is even working and I'm not even worried . Maybe , I finally got this trust thing . . . trust in God .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...