Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The World Vision Walk

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                         everyday is a journey.



God keep us through the common days,
The level stretches white with dust,
When thought is tired, and hands upraise
Their burdens feebly since they must;
In days of slowly fretting care
Then most we need the strength of prayer.

I haven't done a Walk of any kind since Joey was in High School and that was well over 14 years ago. Not to mention that this one wasn't the usual 5K, but a 6K. Nevertheless, I anxiously signed up, looking forward to it. I may be sore  afterwards, but at least I tried.


                                           My kit, including a picture of Pali.

The morning of the race, I was extremely glad I had a partner to walk with, to hold me accountable. The entire week before held terrible weather, raining and cold. I was afraid that day would be the same. No one wants to walk in the rain and cold. To be honest, if it did rain, I wouldn't be too upset. The idea of sleeping in looked really tempting to me. 



                                               In front of the fountain.

Like I said earlier, I was glad for a partner. Somehow, when you have someone to walk through with, it just goes by faster. We talked, we laughed. The weather may have began cold, but it definitely ended with sunshine. The scenery wasn't bad either. There were many families out biking, running and even fishing. A group from my Church was there doing the 6K for Refugees. 


                                                                 My partner in crime, Cindy.

I felt extremely proud of myself for completing. Although, the last fifteen minutes were very hard. That's when I realized just how far we have walked. Of course, my young partner was ready for more, but not me. What started out as an ache in my calves quickly spread to my thighs and ending at my buttocks!  Yes, I said it. My behind hurt.


                                                                      A hearty brunch.

I was glad to finally sit down to a hearty meal (a burger and fries) with a great partner. Would we do it again? Yeah! Maybe, next time, more people can join us. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...