Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Love Your Enemies

                                                                               Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                                everyday is a journey.



Old friends, old scenes, will lovelier be,
  As more of heaven in each we see:
  Some softening gleam of love and prayer
  Shall dawn on every cross and care.
J. KEBLE.


One of the hardest thing on Earth is to love your enemy. People spend years trying to achieve this great feat. To be honest, I don't give them much thought. I know I don't pray for them nor reach out to them in any way. I just treat them as if they don't exist. Not exactly a pretty picture, eh?

If I don't like someone, I just don't like them. Loving my enemies isn't something I do. So how do I change that?

I've been thinking quite a lot about this as I find it's not easy to start. I mean, where or how do I begin? If we don't care for someone, it shows not just in our speech, but also in our body language. How do I come about being sincere on the outside when I'm not feeling it on the inside?

You wouldn't believe how long I've been writing this post. You see, if I'm going to write about it, I will have to do something about it. There is a part of me that has no desire to do so (love my enemies) and the other part doesn't know how. 

So please pray for me as I go forth in this new endeavor of mine. I would love to grow as a Christian in regards to the greatest command God asks of us. Can you imagine if we all were able to overcome this? How great we could be!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...