Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

                                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Be still, my soul!--the Lord is on thy side;
    Bear patiently the cross of grief and pain;
  Leave to thy God to order and provide,--
    In every change He faithful will remain.
HYMNS FROM THE LAND OF LUTHER


Happy Mother's Day everyone! Best scene of the day? A father carrying his little boy in his arms, each of them holding a bouquet of flowers. Hmm, I wonder whom for? Could it be mom?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't need all the hoopla of the day to make me feel special. I feel loved everyday. My children are 32 and 28 years old. I have seen many Mother's Day in that time. I have received colored drawings of Lord knows what it was to a handful of dandelions. I've gotten real expensive gifts and some simple ones like a handwritten card. They all have meant the same to me.

There is one gift that I want and that's a relationship with them. It's a wonder to me every day that they still want to hang with me. There is nothing more precious than that. I wish the same for all of you. 

                                                          Emily,

                                                           Joey.

HAVE A blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...