Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Oncologist 2017

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Lord, for the erring thought
Not into evil wrought;
Lord, for the wicked will
Betrayed and baffled still;
For the heart from itself kept,
Our Thanksgiving accept.
W. D. HOWELLS

She hugged me. The minute she walked in, she hugged me. 

Miss Krol, that Ct. scan is looking beautiful! Just beautiful. I think we can safely not do another until next year.  You can come in for a checkup at the end of September to see how you're doing, but you can have the entire Summer off. How do you feel about that?

How do I feel about that? Great, really great!!!! Do you know what I'm most grateful for? I am very happy that I'm cancer free, but I've been cancer free before. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy, but that's not why I'm doing the happy dance. I'm happy because I get a break!

You see, like I've said, I've been cancer free before, but even then I had to have a Ct. scan every three or four months. Without fail it had to happen. This is the absolute first time that my Oncologist is giving me time off from appointments, especially the Ct. scans! 

This changes everything. I can sleep in sometimes. No more break of dawn long drives into the city. No more putting in a full days work after these appointments. The Lord is providing rest for my weary soul. 

Now, I know, it's for a short while, but who cares. Summer is fast approaching and I intend to enjoy every minute of this mini vacay. Thank you, Jesus!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...