Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Massage

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


It is astonishing how soon the whole 
conscience begins to unravel, 
if a single stitch drops;
 one little sin indulged makes a hole
 you could put your head through. 
CHARLES BUXTON.


When I turned fifty, my family gave me a surprise birthday party. One of the gifts, was a gift certificate to Massage Envy. Hey, nice gift! Now, as I have reported many times here, I have major arthritis in my legs and my right hand. 

Well, I quickly signed myself up thinking that maybe if I had a massage on a regular basis, it would help my situation. If it did or did not, I'm not really sure. It felt good while I was there, but the pain never really went away. There were times that the ache came back only hours later. Maybe, it did help in the long run, but I think, I was expecting quite a lot. I expected to be rid of the arthritis or at least, the majority of the pain.

Massages are not cheap. Like all things, they cost money. When the year was up, I decided there really wasn't much difference in my situation. Why waste money based on a want rather than a need? So nowadays, I go occasionally with my girlfriends. 

What I really need is to find a place that would offer a foot massage. That's a lot harder to find than one might think. For that, I would sign up for a monthly membership to help relieve some of the pain. Usually, places do a combo involving a foot massage along with the rest of the body. That's not what I'm looking for at all. 

When Joey was single and younger, he would always give me a foot massage. I remember those days well. I even considered marriage if that meant I would get a foot massage on demand, but there were no guarantees. 

I've been thinking of massages, because my poor feet are aching this weekend. I had such high expectations for this three day weekend. I had visions of the large piles of overdue tasks getting smaller with each day. Alas, to no avail. My poor feet have swelled up, ankle and knee. My toes taking on the appearance of tiny sausages, limiting my movements. Right now, I'm in need of a good foot rub.

Looking at the weather forecast for the week, I almost cried when I saw all that rain. It will not be a good one for me. It always seems to be the worst at night. Could it be, because our minds are still and so are our bodies? Nothing to preoccupy our thoughts we become attuned to every fiber in our body. Oh, Lord, have mercy on me.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...