Monday, May 22, 2017

The Weight Problem

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                everyday is a journey.


I think it's time for me to love myself. Embrace my chubbiness. It's so easy to say, but so very difficult to live out. For the last ten years, I have been fighting this weight gain of mine. I'm really tired of it. This weight gain has been thus far, my hardest struggle to overcome. Why? Why can't I accept this new version of me?

So what do I have to give up to get there? Everything. For someone who has given up a lot already, this seems a little too much to ask of me.

I've recently listened to a broadcast of a woman who lost 175 lbs. in ten years. During that time, she has gained it back and lost it several times. She laughs that most likely she has gained over 500 lbs. in all until she finally reached her goal. In order for her to do that, she had to give up all pleasures of food. Her menu regiment would make most people shudder, but she acknowledges this is the price she needs to pay to be where she is at. 

So what do I have to do to get there? Everything. It isn't a question of dieting and exercising. It is a question of dieting and exercising for life. Sigh. Life. 

So basically, if I'm tired of this . . . . 



I have to eat this . . . 


To look and feel like this . . . . 


But we know the following is more true!


Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...