Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Place Of My Own

                                                                           Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                             everyday is a journey.


This past January, I turned fifty-two years old. Yay! Exciting times are ahead and I'm definitely looking forward to the future. Especially, when that future holds Simplicity and Tiny Living. What will that look like? Will it be an Rv or a Thow?  Or something else altogether. I haven't made up my mind for sure yet, but I am checking every avenue possible.

It doesn't matter if I live to see it or not. To say that I'm looking forward to old age would be an understatement. What I'm excited about has to do more with living the lifestyle I've always wanted than the where. 


We all need something to look forward to. It could be a daughter's wedding. A son's future baby. It doesn't matter, all that does  
matter is hope. Without Hope we have no reason to go on. 

I sound very positive, don't I? Well, that wasn't the case the other day as I traveled to the city. I've forgotten the construction on every street. I've forgotten about the constant traffic. I've forgotten how absolutely rude people can be. I honestly don't know which is worse, the men or the women?

As I drove home amidst all the chaos, all I wanted was silence. I immediately thought of Central Illinois and driving past a field of corn or soybeans. Quiet. Peaceful. Beautiful sky. A long winding road. No one else on it.

You have no idea, how often people laugh at me whenever I say I want to live in an RV. They laugh at me, "You want to live in a trailer park?" A resounding YES! Anything is better than all this concrete. I think they're calling me trailer trash. They're judging me as a person by where and how I choose to live. I might actually look poor to them. That's the city, they judge you by what you own. Give me a Pastor in overalls anytime! That's me. 

Let me tell you. That place of my own couldn't happen fast enough. The problem is that I have to wait at least five years for it. I have to make all the right decisions at the right time. So for now, I just dream about it. I dream about what will be, if not here then in Heaven. There's a place just for me.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...