Monday, May 15, 2017

CT Scan 2017

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                         everyday is a journey.



Sum up at night what thou hast done by day
And in the morning what thou hast to do:
Dress and undress thy soul: 
mark the decay
And growth of it; 
if with thy watch that too
Be dowl, then wind up both; 
since we shall be
Most surely judged, 
make thy accounts agree.

One thing I dislike is taking a Ct. scan all because of having to drink that disgusting liquid. I'll share a trick I've learned over the years. Gulp it down as fast as you can. Close your eyes, pinch your nose and chug a lug. I can't do it any other way.

It wasn't always like this. Maybe two years ago, my insurance refused to pay for a Petscan. Just plain refused. A Petscan is a scan devised specifically to check cancer. The whole procedure lasts about an hour and a half, but so worth it. I don't have to drink anything. Instead, they inject you with radioactive sugar. Then we rest for an hour in order for our muscles to relax. The scan itself, lasts about twenty minutes, but if there is any cancer, it will light up like a glow in the dark. 

I loved having a Petscan done. No awful liquid to drink, instead, I would read peacefully. Like I said, the insurance didn't want to pay for it anymore implying a Ct. scan was sufficient enough. So I ended up back in radiology at the hospital. Oh, did I forget to say that the Petscan was performed in a different office closer to home? Yeah, exactly. 

Every three or four months, I head out for a Ct. scan, dreading it all the way. Something happened to me last treatment. I became extremely tired of all the appointments and tests. It was no different this time around. I hate the long drive, the traffic, the waiting and the getting up early in the morning. I don't take the day off from work, so my day seems extremely long. 

Well, enough of the pity party. I went, I got scanned and now we just have to wait for the results. At least, I don't have to worry about another until three or four months from now. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...