Friday, February 26, 2016

The Family Circle

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

You know, as bad as the getting there was, the actual family time was wonderful. The entire day was packed-full of activity. We began with Hannah's volleyball game. This is one of those things that I miss about being a grandma. I want to be there for the Open House at school, that game, that ballet performance or Talent Show. So when I can participate, it's a huge deal. So we cheered, roared and called out her name, basically embarrassing her and she loved every minute of it. 

What really touched my heart was the effort that Joey  put in toward meals. Since Emily and I live a vegetarian lifestyle, people usually forget or don't think about such things and we end up eating salad. This was the first time that someone considered us by conforming their meals to us and not the other way around. That's love.

The birthday party was at granny and papa's place (Aubs. parents). They have this beautiful acreage of land with a horse corral, a gorgeous garden, and the house they built themselves. I love their home. Their home totally fits them. We sat on the back deck, with the sun shining on our faces, as the children took turns riding the golf cart. It was in the seventies in Springfield! Unbelievable weather! I wondered what it was like in Chicago.

From there we went home and had a baked potato bar for supper. Hannah loved that concept! While Emily and Hannah made homemade cookies with edible glitter and funnel cake, I watched Tim play video games. He is a real gamer! Poor Aubrey spent her time cleaning up while Joey was working on his Bible Study for Church in the morning. A pretty normal scene. Everyone talking at once, plenty of noise and plenty of love. This is what I miss, the boring normalcy. 

There was a small cloud for a moment while we were at the store. The atm machine swallowed up my debit card. It was my stupid, stupid fault! There is no one to blame, but myself. Thank goodness, I had money on me so I wasn't worried. It's more of a hassle in getting a new one than anything else. 

It was really a beautiful day! Perfect in every way. We saw the geese flying back! I've never seen them flying back! Their formation was horrible, nothing like a vee, but more like a scribble. 

Back in our room that night, Emily told me of her first retreat she has ever been on. She shared a a room with three other women. Two of them snored loudly, the third kept smacking her lips in her sleep. I think Emily is doomed in sharing a room. Poor thing didn't get much sleep while there.

  Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...