Thursday, February 25, 2016

In Reflection

                                                           Everyday is a brand new
                                                           day, everyday is a journey.

We tell Thee of our care,
Of the sore burden, pressing day by day,
And in the light and pity of Thy face,
The burden melts away.
We breathe our secret wish,
The importunate longing which no man may see;
We ask it humbly, or, more restful still,
We leave it all to Thee.
SUSAN COOLIDGE.

Our journey back couldn't have been better. The train wasn't full, so we sat in comfort. I spent my time listening to my podcasts, glancing out the window, absorbing the view. It was peaceful and reflective. The sun shining brightly highlighting the early Sunday morning glory.

I thought about the craziness of the week. All the mishaps that happened, enough to discourage anyone. On Monday, we lost some candles we bought at the store. Where are they? We don't know. Wednesday I had the flat tire where I totally panicked. Friday we had the train crash. Saturday my debit card got swallowed up by the atm machine. It was the most emotionally exhausting week thus far. 

Yet, we somehow held it together. Could it be we are learning to trust God in the midst of our struggles? There were many blessings in between all these mishaps. Sometimes we allow the mishaps to overshadow the small blessings. 

Watching little Dustin running around, playing like every other little boy as if the medical ordeal of the last two years never happened. That was a blessing.

Seeing the happy faces of Tim and Hannah as they had our undivided attention. That was a blessing.

Sitting around the kitchen table sharing a meal and laughing about the silly things. That was a blessing. 

When I compare the blessings against the mishaps . . . how can I say it was the worst week? I can't. I would go through it all over again.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...