Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Getting Lost On The Path


                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Today I thought about all the people that I've walked with on my Christian path. Some of them are still here with me and others have disappeared or fallen. What brought all of this thinking on?

Well, social media has united people together by the click of a button. We can see what our long distance friends are up to without having to travel to visit them. We can see their comments on religion, their daily lives, their politics and their belief systems. 

Not too long ago, I came across someone that began the Christian faith with me. We went to the same Bible studies, the same Church and we were there for each others Baptisms. Somewhere in the middle of that walk, we lost touch. 

You could just imagine how confused I must have been when this person posted some comments that were against Christian beliefs. The first couple of times, I wrote it off as a fluke naming one excuse or another. Then, it began to be a regular thing and my confusion increased. I mean, what happened? How did this happen? Why?

In my mind, I can still remember this person standing besides me in Church or Bible Study. How could a person fall so far back? I can understand falling off. We all fall off at one point or another, but we get back on that Bible Bus. Yet, this person really veered off in a completely different direction. 

So I asked Joey how that could be. His answer? Maybe this person has never really accepted Christ as His Savior. It wasn't real. They didn't mean it. They were saying all the right words and doing all the right things, but it never quite reached their heart. How sad is that?

Folks, how many people in our lives are just like that? I feel so sad at the thought of my friend never experiencing the kind of relationship with Jesus that is fulfilling and everlasting. So sad at the thought of a heart that is so closed shut that nothing can penetrate it. 


At the cross
At the cross
I surrender my life
I'm in awe of You
I'm in awe of You
Where Your love ran red
and my sin washed white
I owe all to You
I owe all to You Jesus

Chris Tomlin

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...