Friday, February 5, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #5

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I think there is only one word suitable to describe this week . . . . sleep! My body must be exhausted, because I have been sleeping between 8 to 10 hours a night. I wake up smiling. I don't think I've ever slept so much in my life.

One would think that all this sleeping would affect my daily output. I mean, if I'm sleeping then I can't be getting things done, right? Actually, it hasn't affected any part of that. The apartment is clean, laundry is done, pantry is filled and bills are paid. The Ministry is fine with everyone having their necessary supplies. I'm posting on my blog everyday. Could it be that I'm more productive when I'm truly rested?

This reminded me of a Bible Study group I once attended. As always, the first few weeks of a Study brings out a crowd. We went around the room speaking of why we are here. One lady, a mother of six, said that she struggles with finding time to go to groups or even Church on Sunday, because of lack of time. Another mom and business owner replied:

"I once thought the same as you. We finally decided we are going to Church every Sunday no matter what. Now, we find we have more time, because we clear the schedule just for that purpose." 

I keep thinking about that. Maybe I've gotten this all wrong, filling my schedule with all sorts of things. Quality vs. quantity, eh? My young boss (all of 23/24 yrs. old) has a saying that everything is possible. It's all about how we manage our time. I believe he is right. Imagine, I'm learning from someone younger than my own children. We're never too old for knowledge. 

Have a blessed day everyone.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...