Sunday, February 21, 2016

Laying The Foundation

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Well, we certainly had plenty of excitement this past week! I only have myself to blame. I mean, at the beginning of the New Year, I made a vow to follow God's will. I would not complain, whine or worry, but accept the path I was to be on by trusting Him. I've forgotten a very important thing. I should have added that He show me mercy as well. Of course, He's going to put me to the test.

The trip to Springfield was nothing new. Some things just become a tradition without actually planning on it. Every February we make the trip for Hannah's birthday and in August they drive down here  for Tim's. Nothing new there nor out of the ordinary. 

In all fairness, we did do some things differently this time around. For one, I took the day before off from work so I wouldn't have to run around like a chicken with her head cut off. We cleaned the apartment, took out the garbage  and left the kitchen sink sparkling. For the first time ever, we would return to a clean apartment. 

We had absolutely no problems taking the Metra train into Union Station. We arrived, we got our tickets and settled in, waiting for the  boarding of our Amtrak train. Since we had a little over an hour before departure, I decided to pick up some coffee at Dunkin Donuts. 

I became lost. Do not ask me why. I have been to the Food Court numerous times. How in the world could I become lost? I wandered around aimlessly. Every time I turned, a throng of people enveloped me heading out to the streets above. Union Station is a hubbub of activity. I never found that Dunkin Donuts, but walked into the very first place I saw. By the time I came back, it was time to board.

That first hour into our trip was beautiful. There were not too many people on board. We got some good seats. The sun was shining brightly through the windows. We settled down, Emily watching her Netflix and I with my devotions. A Subway sandwich lay in front of us upon our pull out trays right along with those coffees I purchased just moments before boarding. My plan was to get caught up on my reading. The next thing we know . . . . BANG!

We were thrust forward, the coffee and sandwiches scattered all over the floor. The Conductors were running to the front of the train (we were like the third car from the back) and someone was yelling out that we hit something. 

To be continued . . . 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...