Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bring On The Sun

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

What an absolutely beautiful day! The sun is shining and suddenly everything seems bright in one's life. We need the sun to uplift our mood and to provide the energy our minds and bodies desperately seek.

It's been such a very productive week so far.  I've been up early (before 8 am) everyday. I think it's all because of our trip to Springfield and all the early rising we did there. I feel refreshed and ready to take on the world. The sunny day helped as well. 

As we headed out this morning to take care a couple of small errands, I suddenly pulled into a car wash. Now, that may seem like nothing to you, but I detest washing the car. One of the things I miss the most about Joey no longer living here, he would wash and vacuum my car for me. If I needed milk or anything else from the store, all I had to do is call him and he would make the stop on his way home. 

The things we miss the most are the little things we normally take for granted that are done for us. It's like that kitchen table. It's always there, but we take no notice of it. Now go and remove that kitchen table and suddenly you can't do without it. 

So I felt pretty darn good about myself, all because I went to a car wash. And it's sunny outside, too.We need to focus on the little things and be grateful for the small blessings that come our way. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...