Saturday, October 10, 2015

Cool As A Cucumber

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.
                                        


How you handle today will determine what you are tomorrow.
Unknown

Even though my face may be expressive at times, I'm pretty good at hiding any storms I may be going through at any particular point. Very few people, if any, know the circumstances of these trials. For some reason, I've always been a good listener, but not a very good confessor.

It's very difficult for me to have a "BFF". I've always played life with all my cards close to my chest. There were times where I confided in what I thought was a dear friend or two, but somehow they proved otherwise.

It's no wonder that I can keep my emotions in check when it comes to my cancer. I've learned to maintain a positive attitude in front of others. It doesn't come easy, but I have had eight years of practice.

The funny thing is that I can tell right away when a fellow cancer survivor is doing the same. Take my new found friend Didi. Upon meeting her, I could tell right away she was doing her very best at trying to maintain an upbeat, happy face. I even mentioned it to some of her friends to look out for her mood to suddenly shift. She is after all new to this game. That shift happened real quick and now she is dealing with her emotions. There is a happy medium, she just needs to find it.

Today, I told my Ministry group about the return of my cancer. As expected, everyone was totally surprised and supportive. Surprised, because I just happen to look so well and supportive, because they are my sisters.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...