Thursday, October 29, 2015

Throwback Thursday

                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.
Tears came to my eyes when I read this post. You see, I haven't driven by car to Springfield since then. I love road trips! I love to drive on the open road! Why haven't I gone now? Well, my car is pretty old and basically if I want to keep it around a few years more, I won't place so much strain on it. I only use my car sparingly never traveling too far. But, every time I pass the entrance to a highway, I can hear it call my name . . . . .

What also caught my eye, was the early years that led to what is now The Crocheting Ministry. I made several afghans that were donated to the nursing home and then I began my quest, my bootie quest which resulted in my making 665 pairs that were donated to U.I.C. Children's Cancer Unit.

I remember that trip well. My body wasn't completely healed yet, so I believe we (my mom came with me) hit every rest stop from Chicago to Springfield. It definitely was a very long trip.

Off To See The World
I've been off to see the world . Actually , I've visited my son in Springfield . It was a major trip for me . I haven't gone anywhere since last August . Then my cancer treatment started and everything got put on hold . Couldn't make it out there . The trip wasn't easy . It took a lot longer to get there than normally . Had to make a few stops along the way since I ended up getting sick . The trip seemed long somehow and I was relieved when we finally got there.
  The whole point of the trip was to spend time with my grandchildren . Haven't seen them since November at my niece's wedding . They ended up being sick at Christmas so we never saw each other for the holiday . Funny , but they still had their Christmas Tree up for me to see . We had our own mini Christmas a whole month late .
   I love driving . I love the sense of freedom of being on an open road . Checking out the scenery . I wanted this trip badly . I needed it . I did learn just how tired I really am . My body is still very weak and this trip took a lot out of me . The trip back seemed even longer . I needed this ...I needed to feel normal .Like I had control of my life  again .
  The time spent there was wonderful . Trying to build on a relationship with my newly adopted grandchildren is really satisfying to me . They love me and I love them . Children love unconditionally . With absolutely no reserves or judgments of any kind . They just accept you the way you are .
   I also ended up delivering my blankets to the Nursing Home  and I started my booties for St. Jude's . I'm on a roll and have made quite a lot . My yarn supply is dwindling  , but it will be alright . My grandson developed a desire to learn how to crochet and he's doing a great job of it . Passing on to the next generation just a little bit of me . It was a pretty good trip . I'm glad I went off to see the world . . . . no matter how tired it made me .It was worth it .

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...