Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Life Is All About Changes

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.

Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
F. R. HAVERGAL.

Life is all about the changes. There's is no way around the constant adaptation that we have to go through. When we are born we have to learn how to eat, how to walk and how to talk. While in school, we learn to spell, do math and history of our past. When we're teenagers we learn about relationships with others. Adulthood brings on even more changes. A new job, marriage, motherhood, an illness etc.

Life is all about the changes and our adaptation to them. Yesterday, I had begun my new journey of the month. My upper dentures came in and I happily skipped over to my dentist to pick them up. Talk about being naïve! I don't know what I was thinking! For some reason I thought I would pop them in and go about my merry way. Not!

Friends, I almost hyperventilated in the car driving back. I could barely speak normal, let alone eat or drink. Plus, I had to go in to work that afternoon. How am I going to deal with this? Once again, I'm having to learn how to do all of the basics of life. Just the simple act of chewing is a learning process.

At that moment, my mind drifted back to the different stages in my life and all the changes that we as a family had to adapt to. Just two months ago the new treatment was the current stage and my acceptance of the disruption of the all the side effects in my life. It never seems to end, does it?

Life seems to be a constant flow of peaks and valleys bringing on  good days as well as bad ones. I know that this new change may seem abrupt to me now, but I will overcome it as I have done with all the others. Even today, a mere 24 hours later, already it seems a little better. It's an adjustment, or like my dentist says . . . .it will be a pistol!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...