Thursday, October 15, 2015

Throwback Thursday

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I'm still grateful for all those things, especially the car still running. The booties turned into 665 pairs that were donated to U.I.C. Children's Cancer Clinic and the start of The Crocheting Ministry Club. I'm back in treatment, but no infusion this time. Yeah, I think it's a pretty good day.

What am I grateful this morning?
1. A good cup of coffee  (always can appreciate that!)
2. The car still running (amen, praise Jesus!)
3. The Ministry meeting this morning (still around!)
4. The yarn that came in the mail (always need yarn)
5. Absolutely no drama in my life (Halleluiah!)

My one regret? Well, when I did turn fifty last JANUARY, I was not a happy camper and the surprise party everyone gave me, I wasn't as good of a companion as I should have been. For some unknown reason, I wanted to spend that day alone.

A Thankful Heart
  Trying to catch up this morning on all my daily readings , devotionals and e-mails I felt ashamed of myself . For nearly this entire month (maybe longer ) I haven 't been in a good mood . My body and I have been fighting  and we know who has been winning that battle . Today , I'm making an effort to get something done . I have to confess , I'm not making too many strides .
  One thing for sure I need to get out of this frumpy mood of mine . You know , sometimes devotionals can stir something inside you that a whole sermon doesn't . God uses whatever He can to get His message across to us . Instead of  thinking all the bad things that are happening to me I need to write down all the good things today .
  I am thankful for ......
1. the snow that is coming down because even though us grownups will hate it but the children will have fun
2. the warm apartment that I live in . My last place was always drafty and cold .
3. learning how to make the booties for St. Jude's and I already have  like 20 pairs .
4. my car still working , plugging along
5. the grits that Emily and I will have for supper on this cold, snowy day (yummy)
6. the apartment is clean , okay , semi - clean
7. I finally found a computer stand  for my room
8. it's Friday
9. no doctor appointments until February 7th
10.  one more chemo to go
11. my big brother's birthday on Sunday . He's turning 50 . When I reach 50 , I'll have a big party .

Yeah , it's not that bad of a day .

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...