Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Not Favorite "Simplies"

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Yesterday, I posted the favorites and today we are all about the least favorites. These are things I've tried and they didn't quite work out for me.

1. Juicing
We have tried, really tried to make this work, but  . . . . a huge but here, folks. This is messy as heck plus there is so much waste (pulp). Maybe if we lived off grid on a farm or had a garden that we could use the pulp for a compost, maybe then it would be worthwhile to us. Then you have all this cleanup from various parts of a juicer. Don't forget the expense of the fruit and veggies. No, juicing just wasn't for us.

2. Organization
I could write a book naming all the different techniques we have used in  trying to become organized. All of them work for a week or so. At least, around here. I can  guarantee two simple things for organization of any type to stick. One, get rid of anything you don't need. Two, put away or wash right away. You can organize all you want, but if you have too much stuff to begin with, we call that clutter. I'm finding out that less is best. If I have a load of laundry, I do it right away.

3.Flax Seeds, Cinnamon, Chia Seeds etc.
I have tried numerous things that have been considered home remedies for cures like flax seeds for inflammation, cinnamon for appetite control or chia seeds as a natural laxative. Don't get me wrong, I think they are great and most likely in the long haul of things , they do wonders just not for me. I consider things like this to be more like vitamins. I still occasionally sprinkle cinnamon over a meal or add flax seeds to my coffee, but I don't put all my eggs in one basket.

4. Diets
Who hasn't been on a diet? It seems that is all I have been doing for the last eight years since gaining all this weight. Well, no longer. I am done with diets. Don't even think of sending me some diet that has worked wonders for you or someone you know. Believe me, I have tried them all. I'm sticking to two sure things, portion-size and exercise.

I'm sure there are many more, but I've forgotten them. Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...