Thursday, October 8, 2015

Throwback Thursday

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

My truck was sick right along with me. I have no doubts on that subject. The year 2011 was one of my worst. Not only did I have to deal with the return of my cancer, but frustrations galore. I had so many problems with my FMLA paperwork, plus the darn car was constantly breaking down . . . all minor issues, but still troublesome.

All I wanted was to rest and I couldn't do that. Instead, it was one problem after the next. Miraculously the minute I went into remission, so did my car.

A Conversation With My Car
     Everyone is well aware of the troubles with my car . I honestly believe this vehicle is sick right along with me . It keeps breaking down . You may think it's just old , but no folks , when it breaks down it doesn't necessarily cost me money to fix it . Sometimes , it's just a wire that is loose and needs to be tightened or he has a part already on hand . Once , I've seen him cut a hose shorter and attach it back minus any money involved . My car has needed jumps a few times and you 'd think I need a new battery , right ? I have a warranty , no problem . Go there  only to be told my battery has plenty of juice .
    My car is just plain sick right along with me . It certainly wants to share my limelight . ...... stealing my thunder . I'm extremely fortunate for my baby brother , Henry . He is a genius at fixing things . He always seems to know what to do . Very dependable . The other day , Emily lost her charger for her MP3 player . Of course , he had an extra one on hand . Can always count on him . Thank goodness , he is there . What would have I done with this sick car on my hands without him . Doesn't bear thinking about .
     So I'm at the gas station , finished pumping gas and my car doesn't start . Of course , what else ? Mind you , the gas station is BUSY . People waiting for a pump . I call Henry and I hear him take a very deep breath . He'll be right over . The whole time I'm waiting , I'm getting very anxious . The owner will definitely be upset with me for taking up space during this busy time . He is losing money because of me .  I decide to go and let him know what is happening  expecting him to be very upset . There was an utility truck parked in front of the owner's window and he was so upset with that truck , he just waived me off like whatever lady . I believe that was God taking care of my anxiety . He sent that truck .
     My brother tried to jump my car with no success . Finally , he is like , we might have to get a tow truck . You know , I never believed in being possessed by the devil .......until now . The devil overtook my body at that moment  and a splew of words came out that no human should have to hear . I am living on 70% of my pay and I will not spend it on a tow truck ! I screamed and kicked that car . I cursed it out with every swear word I knew . You want to die than die already but I am not putting up with it anymore . If you think I cared where I was at and cared what people thought of me at that moment yelling at my car ........not even close. If my church saw and heard me then I'd be excommunicated for sure . Sunday School teacher and all , for shame .
   I look over and my brother is laughing . I don't see what is so funny . I tell my nephew to help me take my things out my car because I'm leaving it here . I'm done with it . I'm not spending another dime . I'll take the bus from now on . My brother tries to jump it again and miraculously it starts . That was the day with the battery . It didn't cost me anything . I have no idea why it wouldn't start . That is the devil trying to discourage me like he's been trying since this illness began .
   All the way home , I'm giving this car a talking to ..... a warning . I want to visit my grandkids in Springfield and if this car acts up over there or on the way there ....I am leaving it . I'm taking the train home . I will not put up with this behavior anymore . If it wants to die , it can die .
   That was two weeks ago and my trip is this Friday . If I come back on the train ...you will know why .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...