Friday, October 23, 2015

A Week In Review

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

We cannot make bargains for blisses,
Nor catch them like fishes in nets;
And sometimes the thing our life misses
Helps more than the thing which it gets.
For good lieth not in pursuing,
Nor gaining of great nor small,
But just in the doing and doing
As we would be done by is all.
--Alice Gary.


I thought Friday would never come! Every single day this week I had to get up early as appointment after appointment filled my calendar. Today was no different. My days of being up at 7 a.m. are long gone. I find that I need those two hours of extra sleep since I'm still working and maintaining my regular lifestyle.

I had an appointment for a Petscan this week that ended up being cancelled due to my insurance denying the claim. Apparently, I'm entitled to a certain amount of Petscans for the year and I've already have reached that goal. All I can have now are Ct scans which are the second favorite of oncologists.

Since my vacation is very limited being it's the end of the year, I have to schedule all appointments in the morning as early as possible so I can still make it on time for work in the afternoon. My re-scheduled Ct scan will be in two weeks and at 7 a.m. in the morning. That means I will have to get up at 5:30 a.m. and make sure I'm out the door no later than 6. That day will be a very long day indeed.

This time around, I'm taking it easy when it comes to relaxation. One thing I am definitely battling with this treatment is fatigue. I need that nap. I've tried looking at my workload and seeing where I can make some changes. I am learning to delegate work much better. This is very difficult for me since I am one of those people who thinks they should be doing everything. I think that's called a control freak.

So .. . . my plans for this weekend, Saturday especially, are as follows. I plan to do absolutely nothing. Well, maybe a load of laundry since I need to wear clothes, but everything else . . . zilch. Not even writing. I plan to lounge on my bed, watching my favorite shows, crocheting and enjoying some wine. Period. Maybe, just maybe I might put on some clothes that actually  match. Otherwise, it's a lazy day.

Have a Blessed day everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...