Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Simply A Happy THOW

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

What is a THOW? It stands for Tiny House On Wheels. I've finally found a blog of a very satisfied and happy tiny house owner. A young single woman in her late twenties. Yes, she has had some struggles, but she also overcame them.

What I loved the most was that she really wrote about her experiences settling into her little house. She also offered links to certain appliances, equipment etc. She basically touched on all my silent questions.

I think she really enjoys her THOW, because this is exactly what she was looking for.  This kind of lifestyle suits her (living simply) and her needs. She is basically living the way I hope to in the future.

Her THOW cost quite a bit, because she had it custom made to her specification. It was also constructed pretty quickly since she had to vacate her apartment. She was willing to pay extra and ended up taking out a loan for her THOW. I'm NOT willing to do all that. Remember my statement of being free from bills?

Another thing I loved is the fact she was living off grid on a friend's
large acreage property. She was surrounded by nature in the middle of this property away from the landowner. She was able to plant a garden, install solar panels and even plant an orchard.

She did have a long hike everyday to the main road where her car was parked. I cannot image lugging groceries and supplies up this trail. You could drive up with the car, but since the path was man made, it's ability to be track worthy depended on the weather. If it rained, it was muddy. If it snowed, it needed to be plowed etc.

Yet, she lived in a way that I am hoping to do as well. Living off grid on a ranch or on a large acreage as she has been , is my first choice. The scenery instills an idyllic and peaceful sanctuary, something I always looked for in a home no matter where I lived. This one is definitely in my top five.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...