Thursday, October 22, 2015

Throwback Thursday

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Fear can immobilize all our other thoughts by shifting the attention to what we fear at that moment instead of what we really should be focusing on.

My fears haven't really changed since the post below. Though, I am in a very good place regarding my cancer, I still have many fears when it comes to the people I am leaving behind. I wish things were a little more settled with them, but I'm still waiting on the Lord for that.

Sometimes, I feel as if the change won't happen unless I am gone. That is hard because I both wanted and needed reassurance of the welfare of my children. Again, this is where the trust comes in . . . the trust of God providing for them.
 Fear
  Looking out the window at the snow falling , I wondered how many people were experiencing fear right now . Fear of their car skidding across the road . Fear of being late for work or picking up their children .
   What are my fears ? I'm afraid of many silly things like  rats or mice . Right now , the scale is pretty high up there as the number one thing I'm scared of .
    What if the reason I've been so grouchy lately is really because I'm scared . Scared of something I can't control or touch . We all want to be in control of our lives or at least think we are . All of my life , I have told myself I was waiting on the Lord . I believed that my plans were the same as God's plan for me . It doesn't seem to be the case any longer . He seems to have different plans for me .
    I think  that is one reason why I'm grouchy . Why can't my plan be the same as His ? We all have wished for something . Dreamed about it . Had our hearts set on it . As a Christian I know whatever He has planned for me will be ten times better than anything I do . That still doesn't ease the fact that I won't get what I want .
    I certainly , didn't think I  would be here going through cancer again . Yes , fear . The uncertainty .  The unknown . Trust . It's all so hard . I'm still afraid of rats , mice and the scale.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...