Thursday, May 21, 2015

Throwback Thursday

This struggle of mine in accepting the new me since this cancer journey is still ongoing. Although, I have to say it matters less and less to me as I age. I don't think I'll ever look like I used to, but then , that's what happens when we age.

As to the blog, it certainly has evolved through the years. Many times, I've considered stopping, but then I'll get an e-mail or a card in the mail letting me know how much someone appreciates my honesty.

What began as a journal/diary for my children, has evolved into a passion of writing and therapeutic for my soul. I will keep on writing, even if I'm the only one reading it. Writing does me good.

Also, the only people still living in this apartment listed below is Easy Ryan, but then , we did move in on the same day.

What's In A Name
    A transformation has taken place in my life this week . That last chemo where I didn't want to go , really changed me . On my first journey , I realized how many people  truly loved me . This time , I'm learning to love myself . Just think of all the compliments we get and don't take them at face value . We are shown how much we are appreciated or loved  but somehow we just don't believe that it's  true . People are just being nice . That's what we tell ourselves .
  How we see ourselves is so different to how others see us . Emily and I play this game where we name the characters in a particular movie we are watching with real people in our lives . We have fun with it and we end up enjoying the movie more . We have done the same thing with the people in our apartment building . We gave them nicknames based on how we perceive them to be . We have an Easy Ryan, Smoking Steve , Drama Man , Baby Mamma , Big Bird and the Newlyweds . Just by the names you can tell something about them . We wondered , one night , what nickname would they give us ? We called ourselves the laughing hyenas .
   Even  this blog . Or at least the name of it  . Where did it come from ? People ask me that all the time . I have no idea . I've mentioned this before , I see nothing enjoyable about this journey . In fact , I keep telling myself the joy of it will be later on ....that I can't see it right now . It was like that the first time , too .I was so afraid that I would miss the message that God wanted to send me .
  I want to see myself the way that Christ sees me and hopefully everyone else will , too.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...