Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Envy


Back in January, when I celebrated my fiftieth birthday, I was given a gift card to Massage Envy. That card has been sitting inside my desk's drawer all these months until now.

Since my leg has been bothering me with the arthritis to the point of sleepless nights, I thought maybe a massage would help. The gift card would cover at least three massages so I was hoping for some therapeutic healing.

Lord, I wasn't disappointed.

The bed itself was heated and so were the blankets. Awesome sauce, indeed! It was absolutely heaven.

By the time I left, there was nothing and I mean nothing, aching on my body. Why haven't I done this before? What was I waiting for? It is worth every penny.

I thought about the many times my friends and family would treat themselves to luxuries such as this. I always thought of them as frivolous. I think differently now. I have spent my entire adult life feeling guilty in pampering myself and often have denied myself that very pleasure because of it.

It's almost as if it's my duty to suffer on this earthly plane. We walk around in sack cloths trying to work off our sin all for naught. It has already been done for us. That concept is so difficult for us to understand. It is okay to love ourselves. It is okay to pamper ourselves.

We are worthy to cover ourselves with His Grace, His Love and His Forgiveness. When will we stop feeling the guilt? It felt good to have that massage. Maybe, just maybe, I should have more of them.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...