Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Choose Your Weapon

My girlfriend posted the above picture on my Facebook with a message that read: I thought of you when I saw this pic. It's about you, Lottie.

Is that how people see me? Like I have it together? Lord knows, I don't feel it at times. I'm bumping around in the dark like everyone else. Still, I'm flattered to think I send this message out. I rather be known as  a godly woman than anything else.

I'm sure there are people in my life who will laugh at this description. Don't we all have people who view us in a less favorable light?

We all fall down and I'm no different. Being a Christian exposes my vulnerabilities to non-believers. Instead of viewing them as normal, they look upon them as fake faith. Haven't we all been accused of that by non-believers?

Emily and I call our Bibles " The Weapon" and at suppertime we open up that weapon to read a verse or two from it. Our bibles do represent us in a way. Mine is written all over it with side notes and many notes scribbled hastily tucked inside. When I open up mine, many things fall out, even a pen.

Emily's on the other hand, is a brand new spanking new one with a gorgeous floral cover. It is a study bible since she is what I call, a baby Christian. Over time, hers will become tattered and well worn. Both our bibles lay in full view on our cocktail table in the living room. 

What does your bible look like? How often do you use it? Is it only at Church come Sunday morn? Or at bible study once a week? Or never at all?

The Bible is more than a book full of stories. To us, it's a way of life. It's our weapon against the outside world.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...