Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Worst Day


The day began absolutely heavenly. I've decided on finally going for my massage. As to this being only the second time in my life to actually having a professional massage done, I was both excited  and feeling blessed at this special treat. I walked out of there feeling jello mello ready to embrace my three day weekend. Little did I know it would become the worst two days of my life.

Upon arriving at home, I planned to spend the day totally devoted to my writing. I had a few projects that I wanted to finish up. It didn't quite work out that way.

The minute I gathered all the things I needed to lock myself away in my room, the banging began. They have been remodeling the upstairs apartment. No big deal, we've been under construction many times before since moving into this building.

Today they were doing the floorboards. I cannot even express in detail how it sounded above us. The entire apartment practically shook with drilling, pounding and constant roar of machinery. Plus, their radio was blasting over all their noise with old time favorites like YMCA. I have no idea how they heard that radio!

There was so noise we could barely hear the television let alone ourselves thinking. Pretty soon a headache came on that it took three days for me to get rid of!  Writing was cancelled since I could barely concentrate. Emily put on her headphones and escaped somewhat. Poor Diamond tried hiding under the bed, but she kept meowing over and over again.

As for me, I tried to be understanding that it couldn't be helped. I kept watching the clock in hopes of five o'clock coming on quickly. All week they stopped working at five in the evening. Five, six and then seven and they still were banging around up there!

Finally, at eight they went home. We  took our showers, swallowed down some headache pills and settled in to bed. It was a total wash today, maybe tomorrow would be better.

It wasn't. We woke up to what sounded like a fire alarm going off upstairs right above Emily's bedroom. It had malfunctioned and kept beeping nonstop beep, beep, beep, beep. I texted the landlord to let him know. Beep, beep it went all morning. The windows upstairs were opened and the neighbors heard the beep, beep and called the police.

Still no landlord. Beep, beep, beep that sucker went on until two p.m. that afternoon. Folks, I don't believe in having guns in the home. Why? Because if I had a gun in the house during this beep, beep, beep time, I would have used it!

My head hurt that entire weekend. I have to say that Sunday proved to be quite nice. The minute we met up after Church, we both went into our separate rooms to catch up on our tasks that we 've been waiting all weekend for! We did laugh about it later in the evening on how much we appreciated the quiet. Sometimes we need a reminder of just how good we have it on a regular basis.

Have a Blessed day everyone and a quiet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...