Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Up To Date


The remodeling upstairs has resided to an occasional drill here and there or a footstep. The construction outside continues, but I don't mind that part. I find that Public Works are quite considerate ( cough ) and work in moderation. The noise level is not continually consistent.

 First, there may be some drilling or some other piercing loud noise, but it usually stops after a few minutes. After that, silence reigns as we wait for the next guy to come over maybe take a peek at the work done or measure something. Again silence as we wait for the third guy and so on and on. You see, they consider all the neighbors and stretch the work out.
 
Of course, there's never a dull moment by us. Just the other night, I'm typing away at my computer in front of my window and out of nowhere, six squad cars or more appear, lights flashing. It turns out that this Barbie lookalike was drunk out of her mind and proceeded to crash into things or other cars, not sure. The police are called, but for some reason she wouldn't stop, so they cornered her here from every angle on our street.
 
Out she pops from her vehicle all confused on why she is stopped, but she was very polite, unlike the ones we see on Facebook. The Police Officer proceeds to give her a sobriety test. I was fascinated, because I've never seen one before and wanted to learn the technique. They have different ones now beside the usual walk a straight line.

After everyone left, Emily and I practiced all of these techniques to see if we could pass. Of course, I have no equilibrium at all and I kept falling over to the side. I'm not even drunk and I can't do any of them.

After all that, we have been playing a new game called dodge the landlord. We see our landlord almost on a daily basis. There is a soft knock on our door at least once a week to check on this or that. We cannot go to the laundry room, hallways, get the mail or outside without bumping into him. Which leads me to this question:

 How often do you see your landlord?

What do you consider too much? I think our landlord is here too much and at times, I don't want to even answer the door. Would that be mean? Would love to hear your opinion on this.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...