Thursday, May 21, 2015

Simply Sick


I'm not sure when exactly it began. It started with a small cough and a dryness of mouth. A feeling of unfulfilled thirst no matter how much one actually dranked. Halfway through my shift, my voice began to quiver and by the time I left for home, it was nothing more than a mere squeak. I had lost my voice.

I can't remember the last time I was sick with a flu or a cold. I do know it has been years. The joke at work has always been that all that chemo I've endured knocked all other illnesses out of me.

In reality, I do know that my immune system has been built up with my regular healthier eating habits, plus regular doctor visits and yearly flu shots. It didn't hurt that everyday the first thing I would do at work would be the wiping down of my desk. That certainly brought many frowns from  others.

Yes, frowns. People seem to think I was insinuating that they were dirty and I was not. People assume too much about nothing. I kept on with little regard to their opinions. My intention was more as a preventive measure nothing more. I have spent too many years watching them all sneezing and sniffling all around me, refusing to do the same.

Well, the germs finally succeeded. Driving home, I pondered as to the how. What had happened to that great immune system of mine? I think my lack of sleep in the past few days brought my defenses down and the germs snuck in through the cracks. Not getting enough sleep affects all parts of our body, it's no wonder that I'm  sick now.

So I'm at home today, resting and sleeping a lot, trying to work this cold. You see, even the mighty can fall ( wink ).

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...