Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Cold Blistering Sunday

The weather forecast calls for 90% chance of rain, and we prepare carrying our umbrella. You just know it will rain all day. That's what happened this weekend. It's been raining, drizzling at times and an outpour at others. The wind has been blowing and the mighty trees have been swaying. It looks more like the approaching of Fall rather than Summer.

I sit at my desk in front of my window, watching people huddled in jackets under their umbrellas hurrying with their errands. Huddled, because our bodies brace themselves automatically against the chill. No matter what Fall gear they're wearing on top like jackets, hats and scarves, it's all worn over shorts. Almost as if refusing to accept this weather.

That's what my desk looks like today, like that picture above. The window pane is streaked with raindrops and tea with honey warms my belly. A desire to write overwhelms me as the picture in front of me unfolds.

There is comfort in the storm. Nothing explains His power better than a blistering storm outside my window. For all that is going on out there, I am comforted and safe inside, all fear escapes me. I can witness all the strife, but I am comforted with His love. I am safe within His arms.

I have never been afraid of storms. To me, it has always represented a washing away of the old and dirty, bringing forth a new growth, greener and better than before. Just try to remember how green it is after a good long storm, almost like a rebirth. Shed that skin, shed that sinful layer. Come forth and let the rain wash over you in a refreshing cleanse of redemption.

Christ alone, Cornerstone
Weak made strong in the Savior's love
Through the storm
He is Lord
Lord of all


Happy Sabbath everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...