Sunday, May 10, 2015

Simply Arthritis



Arthritis . . . . that dreaded pain that manifests itself with the arrival of middle age. Arthritis plagues my family, especially in the legs from the knee to the toes. Ask any of our family members and each of them will provide a different pressure point affected by arthritis.

I, myself, am experiencing a very painful Season that began eight years ago with the arrival of cancer. I've always felt discomfort in my ankles as the weather turned damp, but it wasn't until cancer that I began to feel real arthritis pain.


After the treatments would end and I would be in remission, the steroids would wear off and real pain remained. It seemed that each of the three times the cancer returned, the severity of the arthritis increased. For instance, originally it was just my knee, then knee to ankle and now knee to toes.

I have tried many things to relieve the pain. There have been creams, soak baths, arthritis relieving teas, stretching exercises and even massages. Still there is no relief, except for one . . . . . steroids. I can always tell if any medication has steroids, because almost instantly the pain is gone.

Thinking that I needed to look it up and see if I could get any information regarding arthritis. Boy, what I did get is a huge surprise. There was so much data that I became overwhelmed by all of it. Looking up the definition also proved to be endless. There were so many types of arthritis.
 
Arthritis is a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints. There are over 100 different forms of arthritis. The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis, a result of trauma to the joint, infection of the joint, or age. Other arthritis forms are rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and related autoimmune diseases.

My goodness, I don't think it's as simple as I thought. I think it's time to see a professional instead.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...