Saturday, May 2, 2015

That Java Thing

But who wants to? I certainly have no desire to be the boss of anything anymore. I'm happy in the skin I'm in right now. Our roles change as we age  and what  I want from life has also changed. No longer does the hustle and bustle of the ambitious life appeal to me.

To be honest, coffee is losing its taste appeal to me. Yet, I still drink my full without enjoyment. Don't get me wrong, there are days that my coffee tastes awesome, but they are becoming rare indeed.

I wonder if my 30 day trial with no sugar played a role here. I'm trying to remember when the brew no longer held me. Was it right after that month? Or was it before then?

Either way, I'm beginning to think it's a good time to quit altogether. Quitting coffee has always been my ideal, but dealing with the headaches held me back. Quitting cold turkey wasn't the obvious choice here. Maybe what I should do is limit the intake slowly each day.

You know this coffee thing is just another notch in my life that needs strengthening. We all go through changes in ten year intervals and I seem to be going through mine.  You can call it the seven year itch or a midlife crisis, but to me it is all about growing and learning to be better.

Why bother making this walk if you're not making strides in shedding some layers? I know it will painful, but in the end a huge benefit to me. It's time to let go and move on with the things in my  life that have been hindering my progress. It's not just about the people, but also about the things that have taken root.

Something new is coming, folks! I can feel it!

Have a blessed day everyone.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...