Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Favorite Child

Which one is your favorite child ? 

We all have been asked that question at one point or another . Answering that question is pointless since no one believes us anyway . Maybe people really do have a favorite ,  but I truly 
don't . Why is that so hard to believe ?

Out of the four I have had , two only survived and I consider myself fortunate for those two . I have been Blessed with one of each and both of them have their weaknesses and their strengths . 

It's for their weaknesses that I can honestly declare my impartiality toward both of them . They each possess that something that I have spent most of their childhood on my knees praying about and truth be told , still do now . 

Is there really that favorite , perfect child ? How do we determine that favoritism ? Is it by their resemblance to us ? None of mine really look like me . Is it by the amount of trouble each of them has caused ? Both of them have done that , though one more than the other . Maybe , it's the one that is more like us ? Usually that's the one we clash with the most . 

Today , one of my children has caused me so much frustration that  I just threw my hands up in defeat . I stormed into the house , disgusted , wondering why they're behaving in this manner and will they ever change ?

Then it dawned on me . From the time they are born , we picture in our minds how we wish they would behave , but in reality that can never happen , because they are who they are and not what we want them to be . 

So who is my favorite child ? They both equally have been my favorite over the years . Usually when my son is misbehaving in a way I don't care for then Emily becomes my favorite  and vice-versa . 

When I think of my child rearing days , I find them to be both filled with joy and sadness , for children can be both . The two balance each each other very nicely . Raising children has been probably one of the hardest things I've ever done . When they're good , I reflect how good of a job I have done . When they're bad , I feel like everything I have done was wrong . The balance is incredible , but the experience is priceless . 

Have a Blessed day everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...