Friday, October 25, 2013

The phenomenon Of The Oreo

I awoke this afternoon feeling groggy . This cold has done a real job on me and I was particularly glad it was Friday . Walking into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee , I saw remnants of Emily's baking , but what she has made was nowhere visible . Feeling a little perplexed , I opened the refrigerator door and there it was . . . . . . an oreo pudding pie . 

My daughter makes the best oreo pudding ! She made it up one day and this has become her signature dish . Whenever there is an occasion , everyone asks for her to make some . 

But why ? What is it about this pudding that makes people melt by the sight of it ? I , myself , smiled when I saw it in the refrigerator . I think that it reminds people of their childhood and offers comfort . You know , you won't be woofing it down , but will take the time to sit , have a cup of coffee and take time to really enjoy every single spoonful . 

We live in such a fast-paced world and when an opportunity knocks with anything homemade , we go on a journey back when things were simpler . . . . . our childhood . What kid doesn't remember eating an oreo cookie by separating it and licking off the creme filling ? 

So yes , I'm sitting here eating my oreo pudding pie , enjoying every single delicious spoonful and I'm not sharing it with anyone . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...