Friday, October 18, 2013

The Bare Basics

What brings you Joy ? Is it being surrounded by your family ? Is it the  pure pleasure of closing your eyes and relaxing your being with the sounds of your favorite music ? Or an afternoon on the couch in your Pj's watching the game with your friends ? What brings you Joy ?

What is that one thing you wait for the entire week ? What keeps you going through that week ? Is it knowing your Joy will be waiting for you when you get home or when the weekend approaches ? 

My Joy consists of many things . My Joy comes from the people and things that make my life complete . My Joy relaxes me . 

It seems that lately my free time can't get here fast enough . I can feel  the stress of the world weighing me down and I just want to run away to my Joy hideaway . 

Pure Joy comes from the simple things that money cannot buy . It is hearing of  the antics of my grandchildren . The simple pleasure of a good home cooked meal with my daughter . Or watching Diamond trying to be a cat . Joy exists in Sunday Worship as I lift my hands up to my Lord in praise  . Joy is the bare basics  of life . 

So I ask you again , what is your Joy ? Where does it come from ? What is your bare basic in your life ? 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...