Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Health Update

Recently , a friend inquired about my health and how I haven't been writing much regarding it . The fact is , I've grown so accustomed to my illness that I really don't think much about it . It has become the norm in my life . 

This past Friday , I had my  chemo treatment as I have been every three weeks for over a year now . My doctor informed me that I will be taking a break from the chemo for six weeks and then we will do another petscan to see if it has been working . If it has , then I will be in remission . 

This little bit of info really threw me for a loop . Of course , I'm happy , but on the flip side , I'm really going to miss my 
treatments . That probably sounds crazy to you , but I have come to look forward to that day . My schedule is so hectic with my sunday school , my blog , my working and now the crocheting ministry . Time is precious to me . 

That treatment day would be the only quiet time I would have to myself . Many people have volunteered to go and sit with me and I have refused for that very reason . 

As I walked through the hallway of that clinic , I ran into my chemo nurses , doctors and personnel . I waved and wished them a great week .

 See you in three weeks . 

No , Ms. Krol , we hope never to see you here again , no matter how much we like you . 

I have come a  long way with this cancer mentally , especially in these past two years . I know that it will come back again , because of the type that I have ( reoccurring ) , but the possibility of perhaps living a normal existence , even for awhile , is so weird for me . I have worked around my treatment and the symptoms for so long , it has become my teddybear or blanket . I feel naked without it . Another feeling I never thought to experience . I guess this is another stage to conquer . 

All of this , right now , is just a thought . It all depends on the results of the petscan . I'm sorry for not posting many blogs this past week , but it certainly has been a hectic time for us here . 

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...