Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Sad Declaration

A few days ago , I read a blog  that featured a guest writer ,  a woman diagnosed with an illness expectancy of maybe seven
 years . It was a very interesting read and when I was at the very bottom , her last paragraph made me gasp with shock . 

You can make a comment or opinion , but do not and I mean , do not pray for me for I don't believe in a God . If there was a God , then I would hate him . 

I was shocked ! A deep urgency filled me to leave a comment , not a scalding one , but an understanding one . She was at the angry stage of her illness , yet I have never encountered such anger
 before as hers . This urgent need of mine to tell her she was wrong consumed me . Every time  I tried to leave a post , it kept kicking me out or not accepting it at all . I felt such hopelessness . 

I felt as if her hand was outstretched toward me and I just couldn't grasp hold of it . I could feel her fingers leave mine as if to disappear out of my reach forever . Never have I felt such a desperate need to help someone and I failed to do just that . 

I prayed for this woman with such fervor ! I prayed that God would forgive her and show her mercy , that He would open up her cold heart towards Him , for she didn't know what she was saying . I prayed for her like Moses prayed for the Israelites  .

 This woman stayed on my mind all day . Would you pray for her with me ? 

Have a Blessed day everyone .

1 comment:

  1. Lottie - I read that same blog and was also shocked. Ironically, her statement illicits in me and in you (and, probably, many others) the urgent plea to pray for her. Although, I, like you, believe she is very angry with God right now, which is pretty natural and understandable. I hope and pray she doesn't stay there. Her life (her REAL life) depends on it...

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...