Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chaos Everywhere

If I have a party to go to that day or night , my bedroom ends up looking like a disaster area .. . . .chaos everywhere . Lord knows , I try to prepare by mentally dressing myself days before . Somehow , the day of , it never quite works out the same .

This past Sunday was no different . Getting ready for a Christening , I reached deep into my closet for that outfit that I planned so well for in my mind a few days ago . Unfortunately , that outfit didn't work as well in reality .

As the time drew nearer to leave for the event , the desperation level grew higher and higher . Nothing fit or looked right on me . When a person is between sizes , it's very difficult to find an outfit that fits correctly . Either the shirt fits fine , but the skirt is too tight  and so on and on .

My closet if full of clothes . These clothes range from ......
1. the desired size
2. the I've gained weight size
3. the current size

It also contains clothes that ........
1. I'll never wear again unless a miracle happens
2. are oversized but wouldn't be caught dead in public
3. only seem to look good when wearing a girdle

Somehow , I slapped together an outfit , adding jewelry and high heels . There's nothing like accessories to create an illusion of elegance . A touch of makeup . . . a touch of perfume . Glancing in the mirror . . . not bad .

I stop and take a last look at the mess I created that used to be my bedroom . Clothes thrown everywhere . My closet almost empty , shoes and purses that were neatly stored away , all laid in a heap on any available space . Jewelry all in disarray on my desk .

Lord , what has happened to my room . The same room that I not so long ago , took time and energy to put in order . . . all for nothing . Here's to another week of cleaning it up and the weekend spent messing it up . The cycle never ends .

Pulling up to the restaurant , I take my hot self , switching all the way , only to be greeted with . . .

" Don't you look cute "! And how was your Sunday ?

Have a Blessed day everyone .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...