Saturday, July 6, 2013

This Is Cancer

CANCER :
                  A malignant tumor , a disease in which these forms . An evil influence .

When we look up the word cancer in the dictionary , we get the above definition , but it means nothing to us . What do you see in your mind when you hear that word ? What pictures form in your head ? If you saw a tumor , would you recognize it as such ? What is cancer to you ? Have you ever seen cancer ?

This is cancer . This is my cancer . This is my tumor .

My tumor weighed in at 7lbs. I could have had a baby .

No matter how many times I stare at this picture , I'm still amazed that this thing was inside of me . What formed this ?


This is me fighting cancer . This is what I looked like right after my first two surgeries  weighing in under 100 lbs . This is what cancer looks like .



           This is what recovery looks like month by month .

                            The different hats


                            and scarves I wore to disguise that I'm sick .
Six months later , my " first " birthday party that my family gave me .
This is my chemo partner that went with me to every single session .

                            This is cancer . This is the now .


Have a Blessed day everyone .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...