Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An Empty Nester

These past few days , with Emily away doing her thing , I've been home alone  experiencing the life of an empty-nester . I've spent my days wearing close to nothing and totally enjoying the freedom of it ! The house spotless with not even a spoon in the sink , the closest I came to actually cooking was to heat up leftovers .

The day she left , the weather changed and I threw open all the windows . Let the curtains billow , baby !

You know , I really love God and I especially love the fact how well He truly knows me . He knows when we need the rest or when we need people to comfort us . He seems to be so attuned to our needs even when we reject His intervention .

As I awakened today , stretching slowly , I could feel the coolness of the breeze coming from my window . The building was so unbelievably quiet even with five children living here .  I didn't get up right away . . . . .  . not for awhile . I took all of it in . . . . the peace . . . . the serenity . . . . .the grace . . . . that only He could provide .

The reason why I say that happens to be , that only a few days ago , I wrote about the busyness of this month and how much I missed the " me time " . Well , He certainly provided , didn't He ?

Now I know , that there are many stages of an empty-nester . I also know , that anything after a few days , develops into another stage called  "missing them ". Until then ,  I'm thoroughly enjoying this moment just as well as her return .

Have a Blessed day .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...