Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stop And Rewind

There are two levels of speed at our place : fast and slow . Either our calendar is overflowing with activities or we're sitting around watching re-runs of the Simpsons . There is no in-between . We seem to alternate between one month to the next with one being filled and the other lazy .

July  beats to a very fast tempo . Since so much is going on , there isn't much time to stop and rewind for some " ME " time . Flitting here and there drains my body both physically and mentally . After awhile , I snap and lose control .

Since there's little we can do until the calendar slows down , we look for small windows of opportunity for that hour or two of relaxation . It could be something as small as a hot bubble bath or a cup of coffee alone .

Two of my favorite " ME " times happen on the weekend . I find there is nothing more relaxing as getting up very early with the birds . The stillness is a perfect time for meditation , reflection  and all time distressing of all the junk from the week . Drinking a cup of coffee , alone , one can analyze any situation and try to make it better or forgive oneself for it .

The second happens in the evening where I watch a show with the door closed  , a glass of wine and a crocheting hook in hand . Crocheting makes one still and teaches you patience . Both are important when facing struggles in everyday life . It keeps us in check with our emotions and prevents us from overreacting in rash decision making .

Whatever your method happens to be , we all need some time to stop and rewind from all the pent up aggressions of the week . If you don't know what your relaxed mode maybe , think of any recreational hobbies you love to engage in and then add a conversation with the Almighty . Then watch and feel the stress leave you .

Have a Blessed day everyone .
















1 comment:

  1. I love the early morning time, too! Even though I live alone, the early morning, before the world wakes up, is my favorite time of day. Also, love nature - often go to the park to pray and bask in the beauty of God's world. I don't find crochet to be relaxing for me - it makes me nervous! Too repetitive and I get all tied up in knots!! But, I am into art of all kinds and love almost anything creative. I can get lost in drawing a doodle that takes on a life of it's own! Crazy, huh?! Usually, the more creative (and quirky) the more I get lost in it and forget all the stuff that drives me over the edge! I do wish we lived close though, Lottie. I would love to be a part of your club! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...