Thursday, July 18, 2013

Peace And Serenity

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
( Psalm 27:4-5)

Reflecting back on my youth , I can still see myself as a person who was ready for anything .

You want to work extra hours ? No problem .

You want to stay out all night ? Alright .

You're looking for a fight ? Let's do it .

You want to end this relationship ? Go ahead .

I carried myself in the image of a woman determined , poker-faced and unemotional . My emotions were kept hidden from all those around me whether friend or foe . Nothing could touch me .

Where is that woman ? What has happened to her ? The determined , the poker - faced , the emotionless woman has taken on a different fight . No longer is she fighting the world , instead , she's trying to change it .

My past has left me , no longer feeling at home in this foreign new body . What was important then , holds no appeal now .
Instead of  .. . .
                        POWER
                                    ACHIEVEMENT
                                                              ANGER
I crave . . . .
                   SERENITY
                                   PEACE
                                              FORGIVENESS
                                                                       LOVE .

My only desire is to dwell in the house of the Lord . I want to be filled with His Spirit , His Love . . . . His never ending LOVE . I want , I need the serenity and peace that only He can provide . Nothing else matters , because without Him , the person I am , doesn't exist . I can't stress this enough .

Where is your peace ? Have you been searching , filling your heart with useless things that have left you feeling empty ? Things that have great packaging , but what's on the inside happens to be expired ? Are you looking for more ? Just look up and open your heart to the name of Jesus . It's so simple . Just call out His name and enter into the peace and serenity that only He can give you .

Have a Blessed day everyone and remember that you are loved by a King .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...