Monday, July 15, 2013

Walk In My Shoes

As a Team Lead , my role involves executing the weekly schedule on the production floor . I spend a lot of time walking and solving whatever issues that may arise to prevent that from happening . Everyday is different and that's what I like the best about my job , it never becomes boring .

Once in awhile , usually on a Saturday , I go back to work on the production  line , mostly because I am short a person . When I do , the experience truly humbles me . Even though , I started on the production line , it's been many years that I've worked on one on a daily basis .

I truly believe we forget what it is like and walking in one 's shoes makes us more aware of what it entails . Perhaps another person is needed ? Or too many people are there already ? Maybe , a better system needs to be developed . Working on a production line from time to time , helps me stay in touch with what it's like to walk in their shoes .

I believe , we all need to place ourselves in another's life . We forget that we are basically all the same . We all feel , we all love , we all care and we all are capable of hatred .

Earlier last week , I almost became involved in an altercation with another driver . Hanging out her window , she screamed obscenities at me and it took every ounce in me not to retaliate . Here she was , in the wrong lane and she's screaming at me , while the entire time she had her turn signal on in the opposite direction . Yet , she felt she had the right to drive in mine .

Believe me , blood boiled inside of me , but then I realized , I really don't know her story . I have no idea what has been going on in her life to cause so much anger . No matter what , we are ruled by our emotions . There's no denying that . There could be tons of things going wrong , her whole life unraveling uncontrollably .

Relaxing at home , I thought of my neighbors and the people walking outside my window . I see them , I can make up my own version of what I believe their life to be , but I truly don't know what their walk entails . Everyone has a story .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...