Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Blanket Of Many Colors


What can a person make with a basket of colored remnants of yarn ? None of them matching in styles or textures , just an assortment of leftovers . No one likes leftovers , right ?

I'm talking about the yarn I bought at the estate sale months ago while looking for my couch . This yarn is awesome looking , unlike any that I have seen . This yarn looks expensive . The problem ? Not enough of it , only remnants .


 Emily has always shown an interest in serving the homeless , sharing her desire to go out and minister to them in some way . I thought that maybe , I could make some blankets for her to distribute to them .

In doing so , I have discovered how much I missed crocheting blankets .  Blankets happen to be what  I first started making when I learned the actual craft .

Now , looking down into the pile of yarn , I've realized that I don't really have enough . I've thought of the country song by Dolly Parton ( A Coat Of Many Colors ) and had an idea to do the same , but with a blanket . Maybe , it wouldn't look too bad .

As I the blanket unfolded , so did an array of color . It looked warm and bright as if bringing a ray of sunshine into their dismal , grey life , offering hope . I couldn't stop thinking of the person who would receive this blanket . I hoped it provided warmth and love on a very cold day .

I thought of all the work that would go into making many blankets for the homeless . Of all the yarn that I would need and really don't have . Again , I come before you asking for any leftover yarn you may have or see in a garage sale . If anyone would like to donate some yarn for the homeless , please e-mail me at lottiekrol@yahoo.com for the address . Right now , I have about six made and four in the process of being made .


And the finished blanket of many colors . . ..

Have a Blessed day everyone .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...