Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Longest Week


                 
Everyday , I would prepare for the nightly
work night to commence .
I would shower and dress
and pack my lunch , too .

As the hour hand drew near
my shoulders would droop
a frown would appear
followed by a moan or two
" Oh no , it's almost here ! "

The drive was way too short
each block bringing us closer
to that dreaded destination
no one wants to enter  

But wait ! A raindrop !
 Two more appeared
Then lightening and thunder !
Surely the lights will go out over there ...

With a smile on our face
we hurry off to work
Come on traffic signals , turn green !
I need to be the first one there
hoping to hear the good news

As I approach nearer and nearer
I see lights out everywhere !
Traffic lights blinking
 on and off , on and off
Yes , there is a glimmer of hope yet !

Pulling into the parking lot
my heart sinks in despair
to find that Avon is still there
all covered in bright lights
no darkness anywhere !

Off inside I go and work
my nine hours long
watching the clock
" sigh "
another night
" sigh "
another dollar
will the night ever end ?

Have a Blessed day everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...