Friday, June 21, 2013

Around The Place


Life has certainly seemed brighter in the last few days . I've been around long enough to know that moments like these are fleeting . We need to enjoy these moments before they disappear . Life is a series of mountains with plenty of ups and downs . Right now , it's up .

Yes , life is brighter . My last chemo treatment ( for now ) will be next week . Although I'm tired , my body is recovering nicely and I'm looking forward to being in remission . Remission instills a renewed energy boost within me . Like a kid housebound , when the door opens to the outside , we run out to explore . There are no limits . That's what remission feels like to me .

My bedroom is coming together quite nicely . That huge file cabinet has been taken out to the trash by two big strong males , Tony and Junior . God Bless real friends . The biggest change ? I feel comfortable in my room .

There have been challenges which were overcome . Emily baked and decorated a birthday cake for a friend , bakery worthy . Having struggled with decorating cakes professionally it was quite an accomplishment for her . This just proves that with a little practice and hard work , anything is possible .

My crocheting has taken on a frenzied state , producing eight finished blankets and five in the making . Last week , a box arrived in the mail with a donation of yarn . A couple of days later , a card for Joann's Fabrics . God provides and my fingers are willing .

Children's Ministry has taken a break for the summer which allows some rest . I'm looking forward to being a pew warmer for a couple of weeks .

We have some family visitors from Florida , whose company we have been enjoying . First , some bowling and game night , then a picnic with a hike in the woods .

Summer is finally here , might as well enjoy it . Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...